Sunday 21 February 2010

John Prescott campaigning on new forms of communication



I particularly enjoyed John Prescott's contribution at the Southern Region Conference in that he was able to inspire and motivate delegates with his brand of class political humour. But what was more relevant is John's use of new forms of communication, such as Facebook, Twitter and the net to engage with younger people. A work colleague came to the conference alnog with other young people to find about Facebook and Twitter communication as she read about John Prescott advertising meetings at the conference on his profile.

I must admit I am a traditionalist when it ocmes to communicating with local people in that I prefer to knock on doors and discuss politics face to face with people. However, I am taken to this blogging thing, never sure who reads it and I also communicate with a few via Facebook. I think this is the future whether we like it or not and politicians like John Prescott have been successful in getting to a whole new audience of young people. It is also a safe mode of communication for John as he is unlikely to get egged or to "engage" with members of the farming community who are not so friendly!

No comments:

Post a Comment